Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bright papers vintage style


Well, here is my first post. This blog will allow me to share some of my creations with those of you who share my passion and desire to create. More importantly, this will be a personal diary of my journey in the world of paper arts and mixed media.

I made this card using some torn pieces of bright scrapbooking paper that I knew I would never use as it was.  I decided to challenge myself into making the paper appear more muted and in keeping with my vintage style.  The background consists of torn bright patterned paper and various text from old books .  The stamping is done on old dressmaker's pattern tissue and glued overtop.  The girl is stamped on a piece of card that I applied crackle paint to.  Various embellishments complete the card.